There's nothing quite like summer in Austin, Texas. When you find some cool water and a mosquito-free breeze, it feels like winning the lottery.
I grew up in suburban DC, and nearly all of my fond childhood memories took place in the summertime. Eating popsicles on the curb with my neighborhood buddies. Learning to dive at the pool. Doing cartwheels through the sprinkler. Watching Baywatch all afternoon in my parents' dark, comfy basement.
And yet, I have so, so few photographs to bring me back to those long, happy days. But history doesn't have to repeat itself, right? My children will not have this problem when they page through the large, beautiful books I put together for them.
And I want nothing more than for YOU to have beautiful, vivid, storytelling photographs of YOUR favorite summer traditions.
Toward this end, I'm offering a fantastic contest on my facebook page. Here's the deal:
I'm giving away one FREE “school’s out” documentary photo session, which includes up to 60 minutes of documentary coverage of your favorite summer tradition, an online viewing album featuring a minimum of 20 hand-edited images, and a $100 gift certificate redeemable toward prints or digital files.
Here are the terms & conditions:
1. Offer good for a summer session covering the tradition you describe in your comment on the facebook post.
2. Session must be held within 20 miles of 78704, or is subject to a $1 per mile travel fee.
3. Session must be held on a weekday between July 17 and August 5.
4. Winner must be willing to sign a model release.
5. Winner will be chosen on Saturday, July 15.
See below for how to enter!
How to enter:
1. Like the giveaway post on Facebook (LINK)
2. Comment with your favorite local summertime tradition that you would love to have documented through photos
3. Tag a friend
4. Like Aleks Gajdeczka | Photographer on Facebook
5. For an extra entry, share the Facebook post
I will HAND PICK five favorite entries, and randomly select a winner from those five. YOUR COMMENT COUNTS!
More on Family Storytelling Sessions here.